Southrop, Gloucestershire
The Village Website
 
 

The Village Hall


The village hall is a registered charity and was built on land which is held in trust by the Charity Commission. It was funded entirely by public subscription and built by local craftsmen, with village businesses and institutions sponsoring key parts of the build or donating materials.  It opened on 15th January 1955.
 
Subsequent extensions have seen the hall become home to the community shop and a sub post office, and the addition of a committee room, plus improvements to the kitchen facilities and the playground.  As well as providing a meeting place for various village groups, it currently hosts several weekly exercise classes and club meetings. There is something happening in the hall on most days of the week.  It is available to hire for groups and private functions such as children’s parties, wedding receptions, exhibitions etc.

A number of necessary improvements have been identified by the hall's management committee.  Now in its 64th year, the hall needs new electrics, more effective insulation and other upgrades.  We now have a project plan for the improvements to be implemented in stages, with the aim of making our hall fit for continued use up to and beyond its 70th anniversary in 2025.  We have made a start on the project which is called "SVH 2025"; see link below.
  
The hall is for the benefit of all the residents of Southrop and the surrounding area.  To hire the hall or make enquiries please contact Caroline Simmons at southropvillagehall@gmail.com
 
Current Trustees:
  • Hugh Elford, Chair
  • Iain Mills, Treasurer
  • Caroline Simmons, Secretary
  • Rhona Reid
  • Colin Medley

Other Committee Members
  • Margaret Davey (who also represents the Parochial Church Council and the Village Shop)
  • Shelagh Benfield (who also represents the Post Office)
  • Cath Champion (who represents the Jubilee Close Committee)

Programme of Events
Hiring the Hall

SVH 2025

Classes & Clubs